Sunday 14 April 2013

The Black Diamond - Engagement Ring

http://katevanonselen.com/ 


http://katevanonselen.com/ 


I've always tried to be a little bit unique. I've never been very girly and I don't wear a lot of jewellery, that’s partly because I'm too lazy to coordinate it and partly because I'm very sporty. Engagement rings were never something I dreamed about like other girls and even when Mr P proposed I didn't even see the ring until he asked me if I liked it.

Well if I told you I was different from other girls and said that I didn't fall in love with my ring, I would be telling a very big fib.





I had just met up with an old childhood friend who had recently got engaged and guess what? She has a black diamond ring. I had never seen one before and I thought 'now that is much more me'. Not so glitz and glamour but elegant with a dark sophisticated touch. I loved the antique element that the black diamond had to offer and I was quick to throw it out in conversation with Mr P.

A few months later here I sit typing this with my very own black diamond on my finger. However, different coloured stones seem to be the 'in thing'. I have since had friends get black diamonds as well as lemon and chocolate diamonds, sapphires, emeralds and amethysts. Are the days of the white diamond coming to an end? I think there will always be a market for the traditional white diamond engagement ring but it doesn't hurt that it’s become acceptable to be able to reflect your individuality through your ring. Besides we do have to wear it everyday for the rest of our lives.

It's not only the stone that has branched out to new domains, metals are evolving too. Rose gold is becoming more sought after as well as it has a softer and more neutral tone than yellow and white gold or platinum. 

My ring was designed by my very talented fiancé. The inner lining surface of the ring with rose gold is not only quirky but it adds that little bit of intimacy to the ring.

































I love my ring and I am often being asked about it and what stone it is. All hail the black diamond!








3 comments:

  1. Very Nice diamond rings. this is the most exciting and important event for every couple to choose Wedding Rings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We specialize in creating top-quality and affordable
    engagement rings, diamond jewelry and beautiful diamond.
    diamonds for you

    ReplyDelete

Please share your comments here...