Wednesday 10 April 2013

Mmmilkshakes - Ed's Easy Diner

www.edseasydiner.com


Traipsing along a bustling Oxford street with one of my bridesmaids (Jade) in tow on a Saturday looking for 6 pairs of bridesmaids shoes is no easy task. I will say however, the sun was shining so I was happy!

Actually my assumptions were wrong and we ended up finding shoes within 30 minutes and then started looking for somewhere to consume some calories. We found this little American diner down one  of the small roads off Oxford street. I wasn't expecting anything great.

It turned out to be a little gem. Besides feeling like we were being rushed due to the queue forming outside, I really enjoyed it. The chocolate milkshakes were not only massive but to die for.

Ed's Easy Diner Chocolate Milkshakes


Ed's Easy Diner has all your standard American diner plates: hot dogs, burgers, fries, onion rings... and whilst there are a few attempts at American diners around I really felt like I was sitting in one of those that you see on American films, I almost expected to see the waitress come rolling up on her skates in a cheer leader outfit. Complete with black and white chequerboard flooring, typical American diner style booths as well as red poof stools at the bar the only thing lacking is the American accents.

www.edseasydiner.com


I am not under any illusion, the food is calorific and its not a formal sit down meal, more of a quick pit stop and refuel, but we are all allowed a cheat day ;)

For my friends at home: They have two sister branches in Cape Town Joe's Easy Diner. I have never been so I don't know if the experience would be the same but it sure is worth going to try out their shakes.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments here...