Friday 16 August 2013

Flat Iron - Steakhouse

If you live in London and haven't made a trip to Flat Iron in Soho then you are missing out. I work in the West End and whenever anyone asks me where I recommend to eat in the area I always say Flat Iron and I am yet to have any negative feedback.

They serve steak, steak and steak! Literally the only main on the menu is steak. (Vegetarians avoid).

Surprisingly affordable at only £10 a steak and around £2.50 for sides there is no compromise on taste.

The only flaw is you cannot book in advance but arrive and put your name down for a table. But it's worth it plus they give you a complimentary pot of pop corn when you get seated so they make amends.

Mini meat cleaver


Your steak arrives on a wooden chopping board with your own mini meat cleaver (it’s these small details that I always take away with me).

Glorious steak

For dessert they come around with a can of caramel mousse and fill up a glass for you, add a few sprinkles of chunky sea salt and voila ‘Heaven in a glass’ aka Salted Caramel Mousse. It felt so good when it touched my lips, but then I do have a massive weakness for the salty sweet combo and never go to the cinema without pouring a box of smarties or chocolate buttons into my salted popcorn. Pure awesomeness, try it, trust me!

Great little restaurant, great steak, good prices and delicious desserts. I look forward to my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments here...